Sunday, January 20, 2013

1964 Grand Seiko Chronometer box


In a previous blog post (1964 Second generation 43999 or 5722 Grand Seiko chronometer, box and owners manual) I wrote "The search is on for a Second generation 43999 or 5722 Grand Seiko chronometer, box and owners manual. I have never seen a set of these, or even photos, so I have attempted to reconstruct this information from what is available on the internet."

Well, I have not only seen the box and owners manual - after a successful bid I now am the owner of both the owners manual AND the elusive box:









The only other one I've ever seen was at http://www.antiwatchman.com/BR-1388 and I quite honestly didn't expect to see another. This is the antiwatchman box:















... and another photo I had found on the net:



The box is identical to the first generation box, but has the GS lion rather than the "8-pointed star: Special Dial" logo:





1 comment:

  1. I know this post is old but thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete